Join Mountain Capital Partners in our mission to give people the freedom to ski! To us, the freedom to ski means a lot of different things. It means keeping prices affordable so that people and their families can come have fun at each of our unique mountains. It means giving people a lot of different options so that they can choose exactly what makes them happy. And it means investing back into our mountains to make them as great as we possibly can in order to make better memories.
If you have a passion for skiing and the outdoors and sharing that passion with others, we want you to join MCP to create and foster a strong culture of service, happiness and quality of life for our guests, employees, community and region.
The Accounting Manager at Mountain Capital Partners is responsible for overseeing the accounting operations for several of our small resort entities located around the region. The Accounting Manager will lead a small team to deliver the best, most accurate, and timely financial data to our leadership teams, and help us in our mission to give people the freedom to ski.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of accounting operations, with a focus on process improvements and automation.
- Manage the month-end close and reporting process to ensure complete, accurate, and timely financial statements.
- Prepare financial statements for regular bank compliance and coordinate with our external accounting firms to support the year-end compilation.
- Monitor and forecast cash flow activities.
- Assist in the design of internal controls and policies.
- Assist with technical accounting research and documentation of new policies and procedures.
- Support the team in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other tasks as assigned.
- Assist resort departments in developing detailed operating and capital budgets.
- Support resort leaders by providing financial statement analysis, analytics, and insight.
- Develop and mentor Starr Accountants.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Education or Formal Training:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting, business, or a closely related field
- Master’s degree or higher in accounting, business, or a closely related field
- Outdoor enthusiast
- Minimum of four years in an accounting role
- Six or more years in an accounting role
- Two or more years of experience leading a team
- Strong foundational knowledge of US GAAP, accrual accounting, and experience in a range of accounting topics.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Comfortable navigating and learning various software programs (Intacct, Siriusware, Looker, Google Suite).
- High level attention to detail and willingness to ask questions.
- Focus on teaching and developing the accounting team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to ski or snowboard a plus
The salary range for this position is $75,000 to $90,000
Benefits and perks for this position include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401k with company match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Free lift access for yourself and dependents
- Employee discounts at all MCP resorts