F&B Deli Supervisor (Summer Seasonal)
Supervises daily restaurant operations and assists with menu planning, maintains sanitation standards and assists team during peak meal periods and when short staffed. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in areas of responsibility. Determines training needed to accomplish goals, then implements plan.
- Supervises and manages employees
- Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees absence.
- Maintains service and sanitation standards in the deli and market.
- Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial
objectives are met.
- Review daily sales line-by-line budget; service, sales, controls, planning and processing on a daily basis.
- Manage labor and other expenses
- Ordering, invoicing and inventory for both the deli and the market.
- Leads Food and Beverage Team
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members. Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees.
- Provides the leadership, vision and direction to bring together and prioritize the departmental goals in a way that will be efficient and effective.
- Ensures compliance with all food & beverage policies, standards and procedures by training, supervising, follow-up and hands on management.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
- Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Ensures Exceptional Customer Service:
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensures the quality, standards and meets the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service. Acts as the guest service role model for the restaurants, sets a good example of excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Handles guest problems and complaints.
- Meets with guests on an informal basis during meals or upon departure to obtain feedback on quality of food and beverage, service levels and overall satisfaction.
- Ensures corrective action is taken to continuously improve service results.
- Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Manages service delivery in outlets to ensure excellent service from point of entry to departure (e.g., welcome greeting as guests enter, speed of order taking and food and
beverage delivery, fulfillment of special requests, collection of payment & invitation to return).
Education or Formal Training: High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years
experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Assists servers and hosts on the floor during meal periods and high demand times.
- Recognizes good quality products and presentations.
- Supervises daily shift operations.
- Oversees the financial aspects of the department including purchasing and payment of invoices.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- Commercial kitchen equipment, cleaning agents, cash register, credit card validation machine
- Vacuum cleaner, broom, mop, cleaning agents
Working Environment/ Physical Activities:
- Indoor and outdoor restaurant environments. 60% of work shift is spent standing and 40% walking.
- Position requires strenuous physical work, lifting and carrying objects up to 100 pounds.
- Frequently stooping, kneeling and crouching. Potential hazards include toxic, caustic chemicals (cleaning supplies), occasionally mechanical, electrical, burns and radiant energy.
- This is a non skiing position