Front Desk Agent (Summer Seasonal)
- Demonstrates and promotes a strong commitment to providing the best possible experience for our guests, homeowners and employees.
- Sells the value of Purgatory Resort to all inquiries (via telephone and in person) and strives to convert them into reservations and occupied rooms.
- Probes to uncover as much information from guests as possible to assist in the gathering of potential sales leads, as well as understanding/defining market segmentations.
- Processes guest reservations, registrations, payments, and departures.
- Handles collection efforts of all in-house balances and notifies management of potential liabilities.
- Balances all cash, checks, credit card and city ledger accounts through verification. Shift reports and performs audit functions if assigned.
- Review daily projected postings, verify accuracy and make necessary corrections.
- Post room and tax charges on a daily basis.
- Verify adjustment forms, check-outs with balances and transfers to the city ledger.
- Check-in or cancel arrivals for the current day which have not shown. Post appropriate charges and make keys if necessary.
- Responsible for thorough understanding and effective performance of property management system.
- Maintain and organize the work area and clean the Front Desk daily.
- Respond to all guest requests and follow through to assure satisfactory outcome and compliance.
- Offer guest assistance when needed whenever possible.
- Complies with all safety and security policies in accordance with Purgatory Resort standards.
- Involves cross training into the bellman and housekeeping areas so that assistance can be given as needed.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one year lodging experience and/or training preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills & Mathematical Skills:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, employees or organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to complete rates, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in the outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This is a non-skiing position.