- Ensure proper and safe loading and unloading of guests, using excellent guest service skills at all times. In summer, inform guests of proper use of sleds and Alpine slide.
- Maintain excellent entry, loading/unloading ramps, and maze areas at all times. Remove snow at all areas of station.
- Be familiar with proper procedures for lift start-up, shut-down of lift, safety checks, auxiliary operations, and code 4's, completion of logs.
- Use proper procedures for pre-operational safety checks, relaying all information regarding daily lift logs to drive terminal, and inform drive terminal of any unusual situations.
- Be completely knowledgeable in all Lift Department procedures and policies, in summer, including Alpine Slide. Understand lift, mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems and be familiar with location of all major components. Pass lift operations tests.
- Be aware of sounds, temperature and alignment of machinery.
- Advise operator of any unusual or improper occurrences regarding lift operations.
- Operate machinery and tools in a safe and responsible manner, to avoid damage to the company property and to the environment. Be aware of the safety of people working around machines at all times.
- Maintain a safe, clean, presentable, and friendly work area.
- Accurately complete lift incident reports. Communicate between stations on assigned lift as needed. Notify Foreman/Manager of incidents immediately.
- Know and use proper telephone and radio procedures.
Other Responsibilities: Know signage according to CPTSB Rules and Regulations. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Excellent interpersonal communications skills, basic machinery operation skills. In winter, must be able to ski/snowboard intermediate runs (dependent upon which lift stations assigned.)
Alertness, speaking, reading and writing (English) ability, auditory, tactile, olfactory and visual discrimination, judgment, and patience are necessary abilities.
Education or Formal Training: None required.
Experience: No experience required.
Must be able to work weekends and holiday! Must be at least 18 years or older!
Material and Equipment Directly Used: Ski lift machinery, ski/snowboard equipment (dependent upon which lift stations assigned to), and hand tools.
Working environment/Physical Activities:
90% of the workday is spent outdoors in a ski resort setting with constantly changing weather conditions including but not limited to: cold, heat, snow, wet, lightening and thunder storms. 90% of the workday is spent standing. Constantly lifting, pushing, and pulling objects weighing up to 100 pounds. Occasionally carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Constantly using and monitoring controls that operate lifts. Constantly handling objects and using hearing, near and far acuity, depth perception, color and field of vision.
10% of the time noise levels reach 75 - 110 decibels. Occasional exposure to fumes, odors and gases. Constant exposure to mechanical hazards. Occasional exposure to electrical, high exposed work site, burns, and radiant energy. Apply now