Purgatory offers expert instruction at every level, on every terrain, while helping guests reach their goals.
Availability is limited. Advanced reservations and payment are required. These lesson options fill up quickly, therefore, we highly recommend booking your lesson at least 72 hours in advance
|Cost||Half-day am – $129|
Half-day pm – $99
|Dates||December 10 – April 9|
|Skill Level||Levels 1-6 Beginner & Intermediate |
You’ll be matched with other skiers or riders of a similar ability level. Check your ability level here. We strive to keep class sizes to a maximum of 5. For a private experience, advanced levels, and specific goals, please refer to our Private Lesson options and pricing.
|Where to Meet||The Columbine Beginner’s Area|
Located at the bottom of chair 7, just off highway 550. Look for the Ski School signs.
|When to Meet||9:15am for morning lessons & |
12:45pm for afternoon lessons
If renting equipment, please allow one extra hour to get fitted and arrive at your lesson on time.
|Tickets & Passes||Valid Lift Access is required during the lesson. |
Lift tickets are not included in the lesson price. Purchase lift tickets here.
What to Bring
Skis or Snowboard
Fully Functional & properly fitting gear is necessary. Reserve rental equipment here.
Required for ages 12 & under, and highly recommended for all.
May include- warm layers, snow jacket, snow pants, neck gaiter, non-fleece mittens/gloves, goggles, and hand warmers. Applying sunscreen and lip balm is highly recommended.
Sunblock & Lip Balm
It helps to apply these on kids prior to drop-off.
Water and snacks
Hydration and food will help maintain your energy levels during your lesson session.
The fine print
- Meet at the Columbine Beginner’s Area – located at the bottom of chair 7, just off highway 550.
- Allow adequate time to get to the resort ahead of your scheduled lesson time, especially on snowy days.
- Please prepare to arrive at your lesson 15 minutes ahead of schedule time for all lesson options.
- We recommend leaving Durango 1-1.5 hours ahead of the lesson time on days where road conditions are not clear.
- Check the Snow Report for updated road conditions before heading to the resort to plan accordingly by visiting www.purgatory.ski.
- We reserve the right to charge a fee for excessively late pick-up for a participant in our programs.
- Our Ski School team requires 24 hours notice (from the start time of lesson) for a request for rescheduling and/or cancellations for Group Lessons.
- A $20 charge will be implemented for day-of reschedules/cancellations unless Purgatory’s Transportation Department indicates adverse driving conditions due to unstable weather.
- Eligible refunds will be paid to the original payment option used to create the original lesson reservation. Please allow 48-72 hours for the cancellation request to be fulfilled on our end, then an additional 3-7 business days for the refund to process with the bank.
If you are unable to make your lesson, please email [email protected] with the following information (and/or forward your confirmation email) :
- Name(s) of Participant(s)
- Birthdate(s) of Participant(s)
- Phone Number
- Date(s) of Lesson(s)
- Lesson Type Purchased (such as; AM or PM session, Ski or Snowboard, Adult, Youth, or Child lesson)
- Request of Cancellation or Reschedule (please make note of the desired reschedule time/date)
- Reason for Cancellation or Reschedule
We cannot guarantee our Ski School Team will have the availability to reschedule your lesson.
Gratuities for instructors are not required, but are an appropriate and appreciated gesture.