Registration is scheduled to open in mid-September 2023 for 2024 classes.
The Dev Team is a 12-week snowboarding or skiing program for kids ages 6 to 12 who are more advanced and ready to take their skiing or boarding to the next level. Led by some of the best instructors at the Resort, the program focuses on skill development, fun and further inspiring each youth’s passion for snow sports and the mountains.
There is a minimum skill level expected to participate in this program. Tryouts are held at the beginning of the season to ensure participants are comfortable riding the chairlift independently, confident skiing/riding all green and easier blue terrain, and are able and ready to explore blue trails and beyond. Lower skill level children should consider the Snowburners programs.
Dev Team Options and Pricing
To register your child, please select the appropriate age and activity program option below. Prices do not include rental equipment or lunch. Kids 12 & under ski free with a Power Kids Pass! We strive to keep a ratio of 5 participants per 1 instructor per group. Groups are created by participants of the same discipline and ability levels within the program. To contact our Local Programs staff, please email [email protected]
|Class Types||Skiing or Snowboarding|
|Days||Saturdays or Sundays|
|Class Dates||Saturdays: December 17, 31 January 7, 14, 21, 28 February 4, 11, 18, 25 March 4, 11|
Sundays: December 18 January 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 February 5, 12, 19, 26 March 5, 12
|Tryout Dates||December 10 or 11|
Only one day of tryouts is required. Guests are encouraged to attend the same day of the week as their registered DEV Team day (Sunday DEV = Sunday Tryout).
**Many of our Local Program options Sold Out quickly when registration launched on October 4th, 2022. Our Ski School Team is actively working on being able to open more availability for those that were unable to get a spot at the time of the initial registration launch. We have registered the number of participants we are comfortable maintaining with the ratio of committed instructors that have been hired for this upcoming season. We anticipate fulfilling more spots within our Local Programs once we have more Ski School instructor commitments. We have created a submission form to complete to be added to our Program Waitlist. **
Our specific scheduled class content guarantees progression throughout the winter. Your child will develop as an independent snow slider, building skills for the entire mountain and making new friends along the way! We are committed to keeping group sizes to 8 students per coach for the DEV Team program. Student ratios may be more depending on the skill level blend of the group. We make every effort to keep the same instructor with their group for each session, but cannot guarantee it. Dev Team students will focus on the following:
80% all-mountain skills – steeper terrain, bumps, trees, NASTAR, carving, mountain etiquette, and more
20% introductory freestyle elements – first jibs/airs/grabs and terrain park safety
The fine print
- Please plan to arrive 15-20 minutes earlier than the starting time of the program.
- Allow adequate time to get to the resort ahead of your scheduled lesson time, especially on snowy days.
- We recommend leaving Durango 1-1.5 hours ahead of the lesson time on days where road conditions are not clear.
- Check the Snow Report for updated road conditions before heading to the resort to plan accordingly.
- Snowburners and Dev Team Participants will be reached via email prior to the start date of the programs for updated meeting information. For further questions or concerns, please email [email protected] or visit our website.
There will be no refunds or credits permitted for missed classes.
- Full Refund = must place request at least 14 days prior to the start date of the program
- 50% Refund = request made within 14 days of the start date of the program
- Requests to cancel made on or after the start date of the program will not be eligible or receive a refund or credit.
- In the event of the participant being injured, a doctor’s note must be submitted as an attachment to the Cancellation Request email. Following this, the Program Director will assess whether or not the participant is eligible for a refund or credit.
To cancel the participant’s scheduled classes with our Local Programs must be done by emailing [email protected] with the following information:
- *Request of Cancellation (either in the Subject line or written in the email)
- Name(s) of Participant(s)
- Birthdate(s) of Participant(s)
- Phone Number
- Program Purchased (such as; Snowburners or DEV Team)
- Day and Time Session
- Reason for Cancellation
Eligible refunds will be paid to the original payment option used to create the original lesson reservation. Please allow 48-72 hours for the cancellation request to be fulfilled on our end, then an additional 3-7 business days for the refund to process with the bank.
Attendance and Tardiness:
- It is essential that participants attend every session to reach the intended skill development of the child and their group.
- There will be no refunds or credits permitted for missed classes.
- Group cohesion is very important, missed classes will hold up the skill level development of all children in the group.
- If it is anticipated that you will be late to your class, please email [email protected] your late arrival notice.
- We will make every attempt to rejoin your child with their group upon arriving late, though depending on how late you arrive at the session, we cannot guarantee it. Being more than 15 minutes late could result in missing out on the lesson/session for that day.
Gratuities for instructors are not required, but are an appropriate and appreciated gesture.