Get the most out of your time on the mountain with an instructor dedicated to improving your skills!
Private lessons offer express lift access, customized lessons for your skill level, and personalized feedback and guidance with the freedom to learn at a pace comfortable to you.
Lesson availability is limited and reservations are required. We highly recommend booking your Private Lesson at least 72 hours in advance of your visit to us at Purgatory Ski Resort. Everyone participating in the lesson must be on the same equipment. We require groups to be of similar or the same discipline and ability levels. Private Lesson pricing does not include Rental Equipment or Lift Tickets.
Private Lesson Options & Pricing
2-Hour Lesson – $329
Offered daily starting at 9am, 10am and 1pm
Walk-ups and day-of reservations only
3-Hour Lesson – $469
Offered daily starting at 9am and 1pm
5-Hour Lesson – $659
Offered daily starting at 9am and 10am
The fine print
- Meet for Private Lessons between lifts 1 & 4 in the Base Area at the “Private Lessons” flag at least 10 minutes prior to your lesson start time.
- If you are renting equipment from our Rental Shop, please plan on an extra 45 minutes to 1 hour to get fitted and to get to the meeting place on time.
- The lesson time will not be extended due to late arrival nor will a prorated refund be given for the time lost.
- Allow adequate time to get to the resort ahead of your scheduled lesson time, especially on snowy days.
- We recommend leaving Durango 1-1.5 hours ahead of the lesson time on days where road conditions are not clear.
- Check the Snow Report for updated road conditions before heading to the resort to plan accordingly.
- Our Ski School team requires 48 hours notice (from the start time of lesson) for a request for rescheduling and/or cancellations for Private Lessons.
- A $50 charge will be implemented for day-of and day-before reschedules/cancellations unless Purgatory’s Transportation Department indicates adverse driving conditions due to unstable weather.
- Eligible refunds will be paid to the original payment option used to create the original lesson reservation. Please allow 48-72 hours for the cancellation request to be fulfilled on our end, then an additional 3-7 business days for the refund to process with the bank.
If you are unable to make your lesson, please email [email protected] with the following information (and/or forward your confirmation email):
- Name(s) of Participant(s)
- Birthdate(s) of Participant(s)
- Phone Number
- Date(s) of Lesson(s)
- Lesson Type Purchased (such as, 2 hours, 3 hours, or 5 hours)
- Request of Cancellation or Reschedule (please make note of the desired reschedule time/date)
- Reason for Cancellation or Reschedule
We cannot guarantee our Ski School Team will have the availability to reschedule your lesson.
Gratuities for instructors are not required, but are an appropriate and appreciated gesture.