Introducing the DEV Team
New! This 12-week snowboarding or skiing program, led by some of the best instructors at the Resort, will focus on skill development, fun and further inspiring each youth’s passion for snowsports and the mountains. DEV Team is open for ages 6-12, who are comfortable with getting on the chairlift, skiing/riding all green and easier blue terrain, and exploring blue trails and beyond. Lower Skill level children should consider the Snowburners programs.
Parents, please select the program (note the age ranges available) and ski or snowboard to register your child:
- Lil’Burners – Ski
- Lil’Burners – Snowboard
- Snowburners – Ski
- Snowburners – Snowboard
- Dev Team – Ski
- Dev Team – Snowboard
2022 DEV Dates (Saturdays or Sundays):
- Program dates Saturday or Sunday:
- December: 18/19
- January: 1/2, 8/9, 15/16, 22/23, 29/30
- February: 5/6, 12/13, 19/20, 26/27
- March: 5/6, 12/13
- 80% all-mountain skills focus – steeper terrain, bumps, trees, NASTAR, carving, mountain etiquette, and more
- 20% focus on introductory freestyle elements – first jibs/airs/grabs and terrain park safety
- Specific scheduled class content guarantees progression throughout the winter
- Your child will develop as an independent snow slider, build skills for the entire mountain, and make new friends
- We are committed to keeping group sizes to 8 students per coach for the DEV Team program. Student ratios may be more depending on the skill level blend of the group.
2022 DEV Rates
Does not include rentals. Children 12 and under ski FREE at Purgatory with the Power Kids Pass.
|Saturday or Sunday
|9am – 3:30pm||$620|
- All participants must have a valid season pass or lift ticket. Please make sure your child has their pass/ticket attached to their jacket/pants/helmet for every session
- Ski and snowboard rental equipment and lunch are not included with registration fees.
- Fully functional and properly sized equipment is required. All ski equipment must have current DIN bindings, metal edges, and brakes. Non-DIN bindings are not acceptable. All snowboards must have bindings, metal edges, a P-tex base, and a safety leash. Your youth must also use real snowboard boots; winter boots are not acceptable. Please contact Purgatory Sports if you have questions about equipment
- **There is a minimum skill level standard expected to participate in this program. DEV Team participants, at a minimum, must be independent on all Green terrain and easier blue terrain at Purgatory Resort, confident riding the chairlift independently, and able to snowboard or ski all day. Skill levels will be verified on the first day of the program when groups are determined.
- Pre-registration is required
- Up to 60-minute break for lunch each day
- There will be no class/group changes after the second week of the series
- We make every effort to keep the same instructor with their group for each session, but cannot guarantee it
- A minimum enrollment of 5 students in the same discipline, with the same ability level, is required in order to form a class
- There are no refunds or make-up days for missed sessions
- Gratuities for instructors are not a requirement, but an appropriate and appreciated gesture
- All DEV sessions meet in the Base Area between Chair #1 (Purgatory Village Express) and Chair #4 (Twilight)
Drop-off on Day #1 is 8:30 am
Drop-off for Day #2 and beyond is 8:45 am
Sessions are completed at 3:30 pm
What to Bring
- Helmets are required.
- It’s helpful if you apply sunscreen and take your child to the bathroom before drop-off.
- Clothing and gear appropriate for conditions: neck gaiter, goggles, only one pair of socks, snow pants, and non-fleece mittens or gloves.
- Lip balm, sunblock, hand warmers for cold days.
- Water and snacks.
Cancellations & Attendance
Requests to cancel your child’s class made at least 30 days prior to the start of the program may receive a full refund or resort credit. Requests made within 30 days prior to the first class will receive a 50% refund as a resort credit only. Requests to cancel made on or after the first class will not receive any refunds or credits. Cancellations and refunds must be made at the Ski and Snowboard School Reservation Desk or by emailing [email protected]
Attendance and Tardiness
There are no refunds or make-up days for missed classes
- Group cohesion is very important for lower-level children, missed classes will hold up the skill level development of all children in the group.
If you’re going to be more than 15 minutes late to your session, we need at least 24 hours’ notice, otherwise, you take the chance of missing out on the session.
Please email your late arrival notice to [email protected]
We will make every attempt to rejoin your child with their group, though depending on how late you arrive at the session, we cannot guarantee it.