A favorite Year-round activity for Thrill seekers featuring breathtaking views
Closed for the 2022/2023 winter season due to excessive snowfall
The Inferno Mountain Coaster offers extraordinary mountain views, thrilling twists and turns, and speedy quick descents. Riding the Inferno Mountain Coaster may just inspire you to scream from the peaks.
You’ll control your car’s speed with a hand brake, so whether you want to take your time or go all out and reach top speeds, you’ll love winding through the trees and over the mountainside while remaining securely on the track at all times (riders will wear seat belts and the cars are equipped with anti-collision programming).
|Cost||Included in Summer day ticket|
Summer a la Carte Rates (limited availability):
Ages 3 – 7 | $10/single ride
Ages 8+ | $20/single ride
|2023 Dates||Daily: Saturday, June 17 – Sunday, August 13|
Fridays – Sundays: August 18 – October 1
(Plus Labor Day, Monday, September 4)
Closed for the 2022/2023 season due to excessive snowfall.
|Ages||16+ to drive with a passenger at least 36″ tall|
9+ & 52″ tall to ride/drive alone
|Operating Hours||Summer: 10:00am-5:00pm |
Weather and conditions permitting
Your Ticket to Ride
Take in the sights from 40 feet in the air as you climb 300 feet with the Twilights in the background.
The fine print
- The Inferno Mountain Coaster operates based on weather and track conditions.
- Each car holds up to two guests.
- Drivers must be a minimum of 52 inches. Passengers must be a minimum of 36 inches with a driver 16 years or older. Must be at least 9 years old to ride alone.
- Closed-toe footwear is recommended.
- The maximum weight is 300lbs combined between driver and passenger.
- All summer activities at Purgatory Resort are weather permitting.
- Rates are subject to change at any time without prior notice.
- All Inferno Mountain Coaster drivers and passengers are required to complete a Release of Liability.
- For more information, including updated weather conditions and operating schedule, call (970) 385-2168.