Snowcat Scenic Tours
This fun, hassle-free outing for the whole family offers a unique ride in a snowcat with breathtaking views of the San Juan Mountains.
Closed for the 2022/2023 winter season
Enjoy spectacular panoramic views with a scenic snowcat tour from Purgatory Snowcat Adventures. Guests will start by taking a chairlift ride up the Purgatory Village Express, then sit back and relax in our comfortable snowcat while marveling at the surrounding mountain landscape. End your trip with complimentary hot cocoa at the Village Market and Deli.
|Cost||$75 per person|
Ticket price includes lift ride to meet the snowcat, scenic snowcat ride, and complimentary hot cocoa at the Village Market and Deli
|Dates||December 17-31, 2022|
January 1-8, 14-15, 21-22, 28-29, 2023
February 4-5, 12-14, 18-20, 25-26, 2023
March 1-21, 2023
Additional dates may be available upon request
|Departure Times||9:30am, 11:30am, & 1:30pm|
|Trip Duration||2 hours total|
1 hour in the snowcat with a break halfway for guests to get out, take photos and enjoy the scenery
Tours are available from March 21- April 1 by appointment only.
Book Your Tour
The perfect way to spend the day off from skiing or show off the views with non-skiers.
Want to amp it up?
Add skiing or snowboarding to your snowcat outing! With access to over 35,000 acres of expansive terrain in the San Juan backcountry, Purgatory Snowcat Adventures is Colorado’s largest backcountry skiing & snowboarding operation.
The fine print
- Trips canceled 48 hours or more in advance will receive a full refund
- Trips canceled less than 48 hours prior to the scheduled tour will receive a resort credit.
- No refunds will be given for late arrivals or no shows
- Purgatory Snowcat Adventures reserves the right to cancel a trip at any time due to weather, safety concerns, or mechanical issues. Refunds and the option to reschedule are at the discretion of PSA and on a trip-by-trip basis
- Minimum of 5 guests are required for scenic trips to operate.
- For more information contact us at (970) 385-2115 or [email protected].