April 9, 2023 @ 12:00 pm
Get your skis shined up and show us your moves as you skim across the pond. Is the water cold? Nah.
- Space is limited. The first 75 people to sign up are in.
- Sign up inside the ticket office at the will call desk on the day of the event starting at 10am.
- $10 entry fee.
- Must be at least 12 years old.
- A signed waiver is required. If you are under 18, your parent must be there to sign the waiver.
- Best skim — male and female
- Best wipeout
- Best costumes
Win the Pond Skimming Contest With These Tips!
Here’s what you need to know about the pond skimming contest: Style points are a big deal. This is the day to pull the bright tutu or 80’s neon onesie out of the closet. Suspenders and bowtie while you’re skiing? On this day, heck yes! But this advice isn’t just for participants–we encourage everyone on the mountain to dress in their craziest costumes on pond skimming day!
For those who want to test their skimming skills, there are a few things you need to know. First, come in hot if you want to clear the pond. A speed check right before you hit the pond could sink you. It’s called pond skimming, not pond skiing, for a reason!
Second, leave the ski poles at home. Those can easily rip our precious pool liner.
Third, this is all about glory and bragging rights, but we also have some cool prizes from Ska Brewing for the competitors who impress us the most.
Fourth, watch out for alligators.