Our 8-week Snowburners program offers multiple opportunities to get your kids out on the slopes.
2022 Snowburners and Lil’Burners (Sold out)
NEW for the 2022 Season! Snowburners will separate into 2 programs. Lil’Burners ages 4 to 6 and Snowburners 7-12. These 8-week skiing and snowboarding programs will focus on providing your child with the best introduction to snow sliding, progressive skill development, and fun while sparking their passion for snow sports and the mountains.
Snowburners is open to children and youth ages 4 to 12, of any skill level, who show an interest in learning snow sliding skills.
The Snowburners Program for the Winter Season of 2021-2022 is sold out for all age group categories. We do not have a waitlist option at this time. Thank you for your understanding. We hope to see you next season!
Parents, please select the program (note the age ranges available) and ski or snowboard to register your child:
- Lil’Burners – Ski
- Lil’Burners – Snowboard
- Snowburners – Ski
- Snowburners – Snowboard
- Dev Team – Ski
- Dev Team – Snowboard
- Snowburners and Lil’Burners: Program offered on Saturday or Sunday on the following dates:
- January 8/9, 15/16, 22/23, 29/30
- February 5/6, 12/13, 26/27
- March 5/6
- Coming Soon! Form Your Own Group: A minimum enrollment of 3 students in the same discipline and with the same ability level is required in order to form a class. This option is available Monday – Friday during the following weeks:
- January 10-14, 17-21, 24-28, 31
- February 4, 7-11, 14-, 26/27
- March 5-6
Depending on your child’s skill level they could experience some or all of the following:
- Introduction to and the development of skiing and snowboarding fundamentals (understanding and handling their equipment, gliding, first turns, linked turns, safe chairlift riding, slope management, and more).
- All-mountain skills – steeper terrain, bumps, trees, NASTAR, carving, mountain etiquette, and more.
- Introductory freestyle elements – first jibs/airs/grabs and terrain park safety.
- Specific scheduled class content guarantees progression throughout the winter.
- Your child will develop as an independent snow slider, build skills for the entire mountain, and make new friends.
2022 Snowburners Rates
Does not include rentals. Children 12 and under ski FREE at Purgatory with the Power Kids Pass.
|4-6||Saturday or Sunday
Morning or Afternoon Sessions
Midweek available as Form Your Own Group registration coming soon. *Not available on Saturdays or Sundays
|9am – 11:30am
12:30pm – 3pm
|7-12||Saturday or Sunday
Half Day Sessions
8 weeks: Jan. 8, 15, 22, 29, Feb. 5, 12, 26, Mar. 5
Midweek available as Form Your Own Group.
|9am – 11:30am
12:30pm – 3pm
- All participants must have a valid season pass or lift ticket. Please make sure your child has their pass/ticket attached to their jacket/pants/helmet for every session.
- Ski and snowboard rental equipment and lunch are not included with registration fees.
- Fully functional and properly sized equipment is required. All ski equipment must have current DIN bindings, metal edges, and brakes. Non-DIN bindings are not acceptable. All snowboards must have bindings, metal edges, a P-tex base, and a safety leash. Your youth must also use real snowboard boots; winter boots are not acceptable. Please contact Purgatory Sports if you have questions about equipment.
- All young children must be “toilet trained” and willing to participate.
- It is especially important that beginners attend every session.
- Pre-registration is required.
- We make every effort to keep the same instructor with their group for each session but cannot guarantee it.
- A minimum enrollment of 3 students (max of 5) in the same discipline, with the same ability level, is required in order to form a class.
- There are no refunds or make-up days for missed sessions.
- Gratuities for instructors are not a requirement, but an appropriate and appreciated gesture.
- Meet at Columbine this season, between lifts 7 and 9.
- Drop-off for AM sessions starts at 8:45am.
- Drop-off for PM sessions starts at 12:15pm.
What to Bring
- Helmets are required.
- It’s helpful if you apply sunscreen and take your child to the bathroom before drop-off.
- Clothing and gear appropriate for conditions: neck gaiter, goggles, only one pair of socks, snow pants, and non-fleece mittens or gloves.
- Lip balm, sunblock, hand warmers for cold days.
- Water and snacks.
Cancellations & Attendance
Requests to cancel your child’s class made at least 30 days prior to the start of the program may receive a full refund or resort credit. Requests made within 30 days prior to the first class will receive a 50% refund as a resort credit only. Requests to cancel made on or after the first class will not receive any refunds or credits. Cancellations and refunds must be made at the Ski and Snowboard School Reservation Desk or by emailing [email protected]
Attendance and Tardiness
There are no refunds or make-up days for missed classes
- Group cohesion is very important for lower-level children, missed classes will hold up the skill level development of all children in the group.
If you’re going to be more than 15 minutes late to your session, we need at least 24 hours’ notice, otherwise, you take the chance of missing out on the session.
Please email your late arrival notice to [email protected]
We will make every attempt to rejoin your child with their group, though depending on how late you arrive at the session, we cannot guarantee it.