Reservations are required at least 72 hours in advance.
*There is no cancellation wait list. We will reach out to our guests on a first come, first served basis if anything becomes available.
2021/2022 Private Lesson Rates
Private lessons do not include lift tickets or rentals.
|2-Hour Private||9am, 10am or 1pm||$290 for 1-2 participants|
|3-Hour Private||9am or 1pm||$455 for 1-5 participants|
|5-Hour Private||9am or 10am||$650 for 1-5 participants|
Due to a limited amount of staff this Winter Season at Purgatory Ski Resort, we are unable to fulfill the number of requests we have been receiving. If you have already submitted a request, please allow time for our team members to work through these submissions in the order that they were received.
The Purgatory Ski School team will reach out using the phone number provided on the submission request form to confirm this request, please allow time for this process to occur. In the event that you do not receive a phone call from one of our Purgatory Ski School Representatives, your Private Lesson Request is not considered confirmed.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this, please email [email protected] or come speak with one of our Lessons Specialists at the Lessons Desk located in the Rental Shop. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Get the most out of your time on the mountain with an instructor dedicated to improving your skills! Private Lessons are the best way to improve on-snow performance. Private Lessons offer:
- Express lift access
- Customized lessons for your skill level
- Personalized feedback and guidance
- The ability to learn at a pace comfortable to you
- Up to 5 students per instructor
Can My Family Join for a Private Lesson?
YES! Share a lesson with up to 5 of your friends and family for personalized skiing or snowboarding instruction. Everyone must be on the same equipment and we highly recommend groups of similar age and ability.
- Valid lift access is required during the lesson. Private lessons do not include lift tickets or rentals.
- Registering at least 72 hours in advance is highly recommended. Lesson availability is limited.
- For more information check out our Frequently Asked Questions or email [email protected].
- Gratuities for Instructors are not a requirement, but an appropriate and appreciated gesture.
When: 10 minutes prior to your lesson start time.
Where: For private lessons, please proceed to the Base Area and meet your instructor at the private lessons sign located between lifts 1 and 4.
If You Need Rental Equipment: Please plan on an extra 30 minutes to 1 hour to get fitted and to get to the meeting place on time.
What to Bring
- Clothing and gear appropriate for conditions: neck gaiter, goggles, snow pants and non-fleece mittens or gloves.
- Helmets are required for ages 12 and under, and are strongly recommended for everyone else..
- Lip balm, sunblock, hand warmers for cold days.
- Water and snacks.
Within 48 hours of the lesson purchase, you are eligible for a 100% refund paid to the payment device used to purchase your lesson. Lessons are not refundable or transferable on the date valid. Cancellations and refunds must be made by emailing [email protected].