Put your kids in the driver’s seat on our off-road go-kart track
There’s just something about that taste of freedom and independence that comes when you first get to drive all by yourself. That feeling sticks with you, even as an adult. Share that feeling with your kids!
Every spring, Colorado Backcountry Adventures builds a new, totally different, off-road track at our Columbine base area. Kids will love racing around the track and trying out the obstacles as they get that taste of a true off-road experience.
The Mudhead® 208R is Hammerhead’s off-road go-kart designed specifically for kids. This two-seat-mini RZR/UTV has a 208cc (6.5HP) engine, LED headlines, and can even drive in reverse. The Mudheads® have two bucket seats that are each equipped with three-point safety harnesses. With all disc brakes, and front and rear suspension, you can rest at ease knowing your kids are completely safe.
|Cost||Included in the Summer day ticket|
|2023 Dates||Daily: Saturday, June 17 – Sunday, August 13|
Fridays & Sundays: August 18 – October 8
(Plus Labor Day, Monday, September 4)
|Ages||10+ to drive solo|
5+ to ride with an adult 16+
|Hours||10:00am – 5:00pm|
Contact Colorado Backcountry Adventures to confirm available times
Start Your Engines
Spend more time racing and less time at the ticket window.
The fine print
- Participants must be at least 10 years old and 52″ tall to drive their own cart, and at least 5 years old and 42″ tall to ride with an adult at least 16 years old.
- The total weight limit for the go-kart is 250lbs.
- Closed-toe footwear is recommended.
- Helmets will be provided and are required for all participants
- All summer activities at Purgatory Resort are weather permitting.
- Rates are subject to change without prior notice.
- All Kid’s Track participants (drivers & riders) will be required to sign a Release of Liability form.
- For more information, including updated weather conditions and operating schedule, call (970) 903-1923 or visit our website at www.coloradooutbackadventures.com.