Opening day is just a few sleeps away! Are you excited? We’re excited.
Here’s a glimpse of what the season holds:
- Opening day: Saturday, June 17th!
- Operating hours: Daily from 10 am to 5 pm.
- Last day of daily operations: August 13th.
- Weekend-only operations: Fridays to Sundays, August 18th to October 1st (That’s 7 extra days compared to last year, including Fridays!)
- Holiday hours: Open on Labor Day, Monday, September 4th.
We’re thrilled to bring back all our signature summer activities for your enjoyment. Experience the adrenaline rush of the Inferno Mountain Coaster and take a ride on Durango’s one and only alpine slide! Morning and afternoon sessions are available, so you can make the most of your day. Stay updated on weather conditions and trail reports here.
Important early-season information:
With our RECORD 22/23 winter season, we were blessed with an incredible snowpack, one that has persisted into the warmer months. This has added much more complexity when it comes to preparing for summer operations. The top of Lift 1 is still covered with snow, and there are still trails that need to be physically dug out. That’s not stopping us, though! Our trail crew has been working tirelessly every day, removing snow and preparing our trails.
But we are excited to say we’re opening anyway! We don’t want to make you wait for your favorite summer activities, so we are opening Lift 4 this Saturday, June 17th, for Scenic Chairlift Rides, Alpine Slide, and Bike Park.
Lift-served mountain bike trails open this weekend:
- Divinity Flow
- Jump Line
- Last Chance
- World Champs XC
Please expect longer wait times, as Lift 4 is an older, smaller lift than Purgatory Express (1). We will be moving as quickly as we can, but we do ask for your patience.
Mountain Bikers, please note:
- We can only accommodate one bike per chair.
- No shuttles (Purgatory’s Forest Service Permit does not allow shuttles.)
- Bikes will be hung by their frames. (Here’s a quick demonstration.)
If you’re planning to participate in any of our non-biking activities:
- Start with the Alpine Slide and Mountain Coaster, as wait times will likely be longer than normal.
- Twilight Lake Boating and Boarding is very flexible, so feel free to extend your 3.5-hour window with a visit to the lake to make the most of your ticket.
Thank you in advance for your understanding. We are so thankful for the incredible snow we received this year, and it’s pretty cool that we get to kick off summer with some white patches still lingering! We look forward to celebrating an awesome year with you and hope to see you this weekend.