Essential Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Prepare menu items based on established specification.
- Assist in prep levels through established prep procedures.
- Guest service and interaction as needed.
- Control waste and theft through continuous monitoring and training.
- Plan and carry out manager’s list for next day’s needs and for special events/ daily operations.
- Maintain cleanliness of the kitchen, storage areas and cooking line.
- Assist in putting away orders & organizing product.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Solid knowledge of food preparation and storage, inventory controls, sanitation requirements, commercial kitchen equipment. Basic interpersonal communication skills. Must be 18 years of age or older.
Alertness, precision, ingenuity, problem-solving, judgment, reasoning, aesthetic sense, imagination, patience, persuasiveness, speaking ability, tactile, olfactory and visual discrimination, memory, creativity, concentration and initiative are required mental abilities.
Education or Formal Training: Minimum 1 year food service experience.
Material and Equipment Directly Used: Commercial kitchen equipment and cleaning agents.
Working Environment/ Physical Activities:
80% to 100% of the workday is spent indoors in a restaurant environment with some outdoor work required. Some cook positions require up to 100% outdoor work environment. 80% of the day is spent standing and 20% walking. Frequently lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 70 pounds. Occasionally pushing/ pulling objects weighing up to 150 pounds. Constantly operating controls of kitchen equipment. Occasionally climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling. Frequently crouching. Constantly reaching, handling and feeling objects. Constantly engaging in conversation, tasting and smelling. Constantly using near acuity, and color and field vision. Frequently use far acuity, depth perception and accommodation. Occasionally use far acuity, accommodation and field of vision. Frequent exposure fumes, odors and gases. Occasional exposure to dusts, mists and poor ventilation. Constant exposure to potential mechanical, electrical, burns and radiant energy hazards. Frequent exposure to toxic, caustic chemical hazards. This is a non-skiing position.Apply now