Visiting During the Holidays
Welcome to Purgatory Resort!
We look forward to your visit and want to ensure that you have the best experience possible — whether you are staying with us for a week-long getaway or coming up for a day on the slopes.
Before you Arrive
Make the most of every moment! Planning ahead for your visit ensures you’ll have everything you need ready when you get here, so you can get straight to the fun stuff.
Pro tip: Lessons & Rentals do sell out during the holidays, so book those in advance!
Shop ahead for the best rates
Get expert guidance from our friendly and knowledgable instructors
Gear up for fun and safety out on the mountain
Safety is a top priority
Know the Skier Responsibility Code
- Always stay in control. You must be able to stop or avoid people or objects.
- People ahead or downhill of you have the right-of-way. You must avoid them
- Stop only where you are visible from above and do not restrict traffic.
- Look uphill and avoid others before starting downhill or entering a trail.
- You must prevent runaway equipment.
- Read and obey all signs, warnings, and hazard markings.
- Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
- You must know how and be able to load, ride and unload lifts safely. If you need assistance, ask the lift attendant.
- Do not use lifts or terrain when impaired by alcohol or drugs.
- If you are involved in a collision or incident, share your contact information with each other and a ski area employee.
Add something special to the itinerary
Fun in the snowWinter ActivitiesView activities
From tubing & snowshoeing to scenic snowcat tours & snowmobiling, make your winter visit unforgettable.
What we’re up toEvent CalendarView events
Whether you’re here for an extended holiday, a weekend escape or a day on the slopes, check out our events calendar. We’ve got a packed winter planned!
Did you book your slopeside lodging yet?
Fun is just a lift-ride away, or maybe a cannon ball into the pool. Find your perfect home away from home.
Allow extra time during the Holidays and during inclement weather.
Carpool if you can. During the Holidays our Main Village Lot is reserved for HOV of 4+.
The shuttle runs between all lots from 8:30am – 5:00pm during the winter.
We want you to be cozy and comfortable on the slopes. Bring gear and clothing appropriate for the weather and conditions.
- A base layer (think long underwear)
- An insulated & waterproof outer layer
- Snow pants
- Fleece or wool hat
- Gloves or mittens
- Thick, warm socks
- Protective eyewear (sunglasses or goggles).
- Helmets are required for children participating in any Purgatory Ski & Snowsports School program.
And don’t forget cold weather “street” clothes for enjoying après activities or visiting nearby historic Durango.