Purgatory Snowcat Adventures
With access to over 35,000 acres of expansive terrain in the San Juan backcountry, Purgatory Snowcat Adventures is Colorado’s largest backcountry skiing & snowboarding operation. Your day of snowcat skiing or snowboarding includes powder-specific skis or snowboard rental, avalanche gear, lunch, and water (please let us know ahead of time if you have any dietary restrictions, and don’t forget to bring your own water bottle). Highly trained guides choose from runs ranging 500-1,500 feet on light, untracked powder through trees, glades, and open bowls of varying pitch. Guests can expect an average of 8-10 runs and 10,000′ of vertical depending on skier ability and terrain conditions.
2021/2022 Snowcat Skiing Rates*
How to Reserve
- $500 per rider – Includes lift ride to meet the snowcat, a full day of cat skiing, lunch, powder ski or snowboard rental and avalanche beacon
- Minimum of 5 riders for the cat to go out each day
- Private snowcat trips $4999 (up to 12 guests) – Includes lift ride to meet the snowcat, a full day of cat skiing, lunch, powder ski or snowboard rental and avalanche beacon
- Age restrictions based on ability and experience level
- Trips going out daily based upon need
- Pre-packaged lunches are provided; please communicate any dietary restrictions at the time of booking.—
- Masks are required in the Purgatory Snowcat Adventure Office and while riding in the snowcats
Skiing & Riding
Terrain & Guides
Terms & Refunds
Skiing & Riding
Purgatory Snowcat Adventures offers a full day of powder-filled skiing or snowboarding in the San Juan backcountry.
Your day of snowcat skiing or snowboarding includes avalanche gear, lunch and water (bringing your own water bottle is recommended). Morning orientation begins at 8:00 am in the Purgatory Snowcat Adventures office located in the Village Plaza. Our highly trained guides will make an assessment of up-to-date snow conditions and skier ability to choose from three primary zones in our 35,000-acre terrain area. Skiers must be comfortable skiing black diamond runs consisting of deep powder, tight trees, steep pitches and unmarked hazards.
Reservations are required and must be made at least 48 hours in advance.