Essential Duties/ Responsibilities:
- HOA Relations
- Prepare and issues monthly financial statements, annual budgets, and complete bank reconciliations for Black Bear Townhomes Owners Association and Kendall Mountain Condo Association.
- Property Tax Reconciliation for Purgatory Lodge Owners Association due to legacy accrual issue while considering Association Governing Documents and various ownership types. Respond accordingly based on findings.
- Reconcile and collect Lodging Assessments and Club Access Fees for Durango Mountain Master Association (DMMA) as required by Management Agreement. Resolve balance disputes with homeowners as needed. Completely revamp compliance and collection process via implementation of Granicus Software for Short Term Rentals within DMMA.
- Field all front of house questions from homeowners, team members, prospective buyers, real estate brokers, and bank lenders with respect to a wide range of matters relevant to all HOAs under Management.
- Review Colorado State Regulations for HOA Management Companies requirements to charge for various services and review all Management Agreements to ensure the agreed upon terms do not prevent Purgatory from charging for services outside the Scope of Management.
- Implement process for charging and collecting fees for completing Condo Questionnaires and generating HOA Status Letters.
- Complete Condo Questionnaires and collect corresponding fee.
- Create new HOA Status Letter Template to ensure all relevant outstanding balances are accurately collected at closing for unit ownership turnover.
- Assist in completing HOA Status Letters as needed and collect corresponding fee.
- Accounts Payable
- Enter and review all expenses for all HOAs under Management and insure accurate coding for financial reporting purposes.
- App Folio Vendor maintenance as needed.
- Assist with the issuance of 1099 Tax Forms.
- Draft internal Accounts Payable approval process to provide to external Auditor.
- Review all outstanding annual insurance premiums for all HOAs under Management and perform cash flow analysis to determine if full payments are deemed appropriate and act accordingly.
- Review renewal periods for all policies for all HOAs under Management and create matrix for budgeting and tracking purposes.
- Review ownership changes for all Kendall Mountain Condo Association (KMCA) quartershare units to ensure list is current and provide to American Family Insurance to update policy names for Contents Coverage. Develop process of notifying Insurance Agent as ownership changes.
- Review all Management Liability Coverage for all HOAs under Management to ensure compliance with Colorado State Regulation with respect to Reserve Fund cash balances and Operating Fund assessment revenue.
- Draft Document Retention Policy for Purgatory in relation to managed HOA Clients.
- Work with Engineering Department to create auto recurring work orders in App Folio for HOA large asset maintenance to better fulfill obligations stated in Management Agreements.
- Maximize effective usage for all App Folio users to better cash-in on purchased software.
- Purgatory Recreation I
- Assist in implementation new Lodging Software, Streamline.
- Assist in developing new process for producing monthly Homeowner Statements for Rental Program participants and corresponding payment of net rental income.
- Be the lead in implementing new work order process for Rental Program units.
- Assist Engineering Department on inventorying small assets for repairs/replacements to be charged at a mark-up.
- Develop strategic plan to dissolve Escrow Accounts for KMCA quartershare units and act accordingly.
- Accounts Receivable
- Assist with Aging Receivable clean-up for outstanding balances due.
- Develop revenue reporting and reconciliation process for newly installed Electrical Vehicle Charging Stations.
- HOA Manager Mentoring.
- Train New Accountant (Trevor’s old position) if necessary.
- Durango Mountain Utilities
- Assist in implementation of new billing software, Muni Billing.
- Review Collections Policy to ensure compliance with Colorado Public Utilities Commission.
- Assist in DMU Sales Tax Reconciliation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles is helpful. Specific knowledge or experience with the following software programs: Google Sheets; point-of-sale system; Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and Outlook. Must exhibit good oral and written skills, analytical ability, alertness, precision, ingenuity, problem-solving, persuasiveness, memory, concentration, judgment, reasoning, initiative, patience are all necessary to be able to carry out the responsibilities and duties of this position.
Education or Formal Training: Accounting degree preferred, financial/business degree considered with appropriate experience. High school diploma considered if candidate has 10+ years of extensive general ledger accounting.
Experience: Accounting degree 1+ years of experience; finance/business degree 2+ years; High School Diploma 10+ years.
Material and Equipment Directly Used: Computer, fax, copier, printer, 10key, credit card machines, and any other general office equipment.
Working Environment/ Physical Activities:
- 100% of the work day is spent indoors, in a normal office environment.
- 80% of the work day is spent sitting
- 10% of the work day is spent standing
- 10% of the work day is spent walking
- Occasionally lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Occasionally make trips to/from the mountain to fulfill job responsibilities.
- Constantly engage in ordinary conversation.
- Constant use of near acuity and fingering (computer keyboard and 10key).
- Frequently reaching, handling, and fingering and occasional balancing, stooping, kneeling, and crouching necessary.
- Some use of far acuity, color, and field of vision.
- There is frequent exposure to Ultra Low Frequency radiation (VDT).