F&B Host (Summer Seasonal)
- Greet guests and seat them if seating is available. If seating is not available, put their name on the list and inform them of the amount of time to wait.
- Seat guests and provide menus.
- Handle cash/credit card transactions.
- Rotate table seating, so as not to overload any one waiter/waitress.
- Help with cleaning tables and re-setting tables.
- Help with set-up and closing procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Solid knowledge of sit-down restaurant service. Must have a good sense of timing and excellent guest service relations and interpersonal skills. Must be able to ski intermediate runs.
Alertness, precision, aesthetic sense, judgement, ingenuity, problem-solving, concentration, persuasiveness, patience, initiative, memory, and reasoning required. Tactile, olfactory, auditory, and visual discrimination necessary. Speaking and writing ability.
Education or Formal Training: None required.
Experience: One year experience waitperson or host/hostess experience.
Material and Equipment Directly Used: Cash register, credit card machines, and beverage machines.
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
95% of the workday is in an indoor restaurant environment with some skiing required to and from work if assigned to Dante’s Backside Bistro. 50% of work shift is spent standing and 50% walking.
Occasionally lifting and carrying objects up to 40 pounds. Frequently stooping. Constantly handling, reaching, and feeling objects. Near and far acuity are essential.
Frequently in extreme heat and occasionally in extreme cold. Noise levels reach 50 decibels 5-6 hours per day. Occasional odors, gases, and poor ventilation. Potential hazards include electrical burns, radiant energy, and toxic, caustic chemicals. This is a non-skiing position.