Essential Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with marketing team members and other departments on key strategies specific to resort goals.
- Update resort websites regularly with an eye for what drives guests to purchase/take action while executing flawless content (no grammar errors, typos, etc.)
- Serve as support for any and all snow reporting needs
- Selecting appropriate audience segments based on key messaging of the campaign
- Develop newsletters with a key focus on copy and image selection; manage distribution, reporting and optimization
- Develop mobile campaigns; manage distribution, reporting and optimization
- Manage and maintain online databases including on partner sites (Colorado Tourism Office, Visit Durango, etc.)
- Serve as a point of contact for online reviews, including Google and Facebook; ensure every review receives a timely and appropriate response
- Distribute posters, flyers and any other marketing materials on site and within the community
- Manage organic social media communications to increase engagement, monitor user generated content (UGC), grow followers and keep the company top of mind — while aligning with the overall marketing strategy
- Look for best practices and ways to integrate new/different concepts into current strategy
- Respond to social media inquiries using only the highest level of customer service including but not limited to: accuracy of information, appropriate brand tone, courtesy, timeliness, correct grammar, etc.
- Collaborate with marketing team on social media contests and giveaways; execute across designated channels
- Support other departments with social media training and content needs; monitor other accounts using Purgatory's social media guidelines and best practices
Advertising & Earned Media
- Coordinate with media team to acquire all creative assets for advertising deliverables
- Build out promotions for newsletters and social media using campaign brief information and creative assets curated by design team; prepare all content for media buyers to upload
- Work with media buyers to ensure campaigns and promotions are placed and optimized
- Monitor and record all advertising initiatives for future reference
- Ensure resort team is aware of all upcoming/ongoing promotions and fulfillment details prior to launch
- Support the marketing team with ongoing competitive and market research and maintaining research databases
- Monitor spending and submit invoices to accounting
- Taking notes during meetings, tasking projects in Basecamp
- Analyzing guest research metrics and developing ways to improve the overall guest experience
- Helping other departments maintain a positive and professional appearance
- Greeting guests and saying hello; answering their questions when walking around the premises
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Working knowledge of all social media platforms and the Google Suite is required. Experience with WordPress, a CRM software (Basecamp, Trello, etc), an ESP (Mailchimp, Acoustic, etc) and a social media scheduler (Later, Gain, etc) is a plus. A love for skiing or snowboarding is highly encouraged.
Education or Formal Training: A bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business, Public Relations or a closely related field.
Material and Equipment Directly Used: Company-assigned laptop, personal cellular device
Working Environment/ Physical Activities: Marketing coordinator is expected to be on site a minimum of 80% of time. Occasional remote work will be considered. Must be able to work weekends. Apply now