Non-CDL drivers must be 21 years old and have a clean driving record and pass a DOT physical.
Part time and full time positions. $16.00 per hour. As a driver you will be paid to and from Durango. Flexible schedules. Nights and weekend shifts available.
Drivers must be 21 years old and have clean driving record and pass a DOT physical.
- Safely transport employees/guests in company vehicles.
- Maintain operating schedule and report any problems immediately.
- Communicate effectively with guests regarding resort information and concerns/ problems.
- Ensure vehicles are clean, maintained, and in good working order.
- Immediately report any problems or maintenance requirements to the Transportation Manager.
- Handle ski/snowboard equipment.
- Fuel vehicles as needed.
- Wash vehicles as needed.
- Thoroughly clean vehicle at the end of every shift.
- Ability to install tire chains on vehicles.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Must be able to safely drive in adverse conditions. Must be able to problem solve and make safe decisions while driving in adverse conditions. Basic mechanical knowledge of vehicle maintenance required. Basic knowledge of Purgatory Resort and surrounding area preferred.
Alertness, spatial perception, judgment, concentration, patience, near and far acuity, depth perception, field of vision, color vision as well as visual discrimination is required on a daily basis.
Education or Formal Training: Must be 21 years old. High School diploma or GED preferred. Must hold a current state issued Driver’s License and have an acceptable driving record.
Medical Certification: Ability to pass a medical certification test (DOT physical)
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
Bus and passenger van, cleaning equipment, and supplies. Vehicle maintenance equipment and supplies. Ski/snowboard equipment.
Working environment/Physical Activities:
90% of the workday is spent driving vehicles, often in extreme and/or adverse weather conditions including extreme cold and snow. 10% of the workday is spent in a normal office environment. Occasional exposure to non-harmful fumes, odors, dusts, mists, and gases. Potential hazards include but are not limited to: mechanical, electrical, and road hazards. Frequently lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling objects up to 75 pounds. Occasionally necessary to "dig out" and push vans from stuck locations. Constantly operating vehicle controls when driving. Frequently stoops, crouches, reaches, and handles objects. Constant use of near and far acuity, depth perception, field of vision, and color vision are essential to job performance. Apply now