This winter, be in the know! Here is exactly where you can expect to find communications about full (or quickly filling) parking lots and other operations updates.
Messaging Parking Lot Statuses on Busy Days
Want to be the first to know when our lots fill up (or are getting close?). Here is where we’ll be communicating that information this season:
- Text: Sign up for Parking Alert Texts. We will ONLY send texts to this group when the lots are getting close to full or are full.
Click the button below on your mobile device or Text PARKING to 1-855-382-6682.
- The Purgatory App: We will update the homepage alert on the Purgatory App and will send out a push notification announcing parking updates.
(Make sure your notifications are enabled)
- The Purgatory Website: We will add an alert to the Purgatory website (which appears as a red bar across the top of the page) announcing lots filling and full.
- Social Media: We will update our Purgatory X account. Follow us here.
You may have already seen us moving dirt in the Gelande Lot, just south of Purgatory on Highway 550. In case you have been wondering what that’s all about…it’s parking!
Between the Gelande and Lower Columbine lots, we are working to add more than 100 spaces for this upcoming winter. This has been in the works for a long time and we are excited to finally be making it happen!
Recommended Carpool Dates
Will 100 new spaces be enough? We’ll find out this winter. We are definitely still encouraging any guests who can, to embrace the carpool life. We already know a few dates we expect to see higher than normal traffic, and during these peak times, we’ll have carpool-ONLY parking available in the Main Village Lot.
Forecasted peak dates for the 2023/2024 season
(AKA days to anticipate lots filling up fast)
- December 16-31
- January 1-7, 13-14, 20-21, 27-28
- February 3-4, 10-11, 17-18, 24-25
- March 2-3, 10-17
Variable Ticket Prices
We all have more fun when everyone can spread out and make the most of their day on the slopes. That’s why we are really embracing our variable pricing this year. We’ll be starting our tickets out at $29 for those who grab them up early. From there, prices will rise with demand.
If you look at our ticket calendar and see an alarmingly high ticket price for a given date, you can be pretty darn certain our parking lots will be full that day.
We know there are few things more frustrating than being stoked for an awesome day out on the slopes, only to get turned away because of a full parking lot. We appreciate your help by carpooling, and we will get the message out as quickly as we can when thing are filling up.