Room to Roam
High country trails, crystal clear alpine lakes wildflower meadows and more — with endless room to roam, Purgatory Resort is your home base for true alpine adventure.
Escape to a summertime paradise at Purgatory, where the average high temperature in July is a cool 75 degrees. A scenic drive to the resort along the famous Million Dollar Highway offers a glimpse of stunning mountain landscapes from any direction.
Whether you are planning to fly into the Durango – La Plata County Airport or drive to the resort, there are many route options to access Purgatory.
You’ll rest easy knowing that Purgatory is committed to providing clean and comfortable accommodations. Most guest rooms are located only steps away from the base area activities and Village Plaza of Purgatory.
Purgatory Resort is offering seven activities for the summer 2021 season including the exciting Inferno Mountain Coaster, Durango’s only alpine slide, and lift-served mountain biking. Activity passes with or without the Inferno Mountain Coaster are offered, as well as a la carte mountain biking.
Village Plaza offers shopping, dining and outdoor seating with a view. Looking to truly unwind after a day of wandering through the mountains? Spa services are available at the Durango Hot Springs and the Durango Mountain Club.
Before your visit, please read our current Covid-19 mask & distancing policy.
Why Visit Us?
- The average high temperature in July at Purgatory is a cool 75°
- We’re located along the famous Million Dollar Highway scenic drive
- Charming Durango, Colorado has lots of art galleries, shops, and restaurants
- Getting to Durango is easy with direct flights from Phoenix, Dallas, and Denver
- Fantastic San Juan Mountain hiking, biking, and lakes to enjoy
- Durango is home of the famous narrow gauge railroad
- We’re near Mesa Verde National Park as well as other national monuments
Why Stay With Us?
- Lodging is located steps away from Village Plaza and summer activities
- Tons of great amenities
- Views, views, views!