- Assist guests in the activation of pre-purchased lift tickets online either at the ticket window or outside in front of the ticket window.
- Help explain and inform guest of Purgatory Resorts health and safety protocols.
- Sell limited and specialty lift ticket and season pass products to Purgatory guests and be well informed of all these products.
- Use the automated ticketing point of sale system, as trained, to sell all products.
- Ensure ticket window is adequately stocked to provide uninterrupted service.
- Ensure guest satisfaction by providing prompt and accurate information regarding all Lift Products and Purgatory operations.
- Balance daily business.
- Insure strong internal controls of ticketing sales dollars via proper documentation and recording of adjustments, refunds, and any variation from the rack ticket price.
- Complete the daily check-out for the ticket window in a timely manner. Work must be neat and legible, and daily business policies and procedures must be followed. Cash count must be completed and turned in to the Cashier's office.
- Be knowledgeable of all ticketing policies and procedures and guest service guidelines.
- Maintain excellent guest service skills, positive attitude, and a commitment to assist our guests in any way possible.
- Communicate effectively with guests about their complaints.
- Know the Fire Plan and Emergency Plan and how they work.
- Answer incoming phone calls.
- Keep the work area and the ticket office clean and orderly. Pick up trash, organize files or do whatever is necessary to maintain an organized and "clutter-free" ticket office.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Possess excellent guest service skills. Good organizational skills, computer skills and dependability required. Must be able to handle and thrive in a high volume fast paced sales environment.
Alertness, precision, ingenuity, problem-solving, adaptability, persuasiveness, speaking and writing ability, judgment, concentration, memory, auditory, tactile, and visual discrimination, reasoning, imagination, and initiative are necessary abilities.
Possess strong phone communication skills. Be comfortable answering questions and finding answers for guests over the phone.
Education or Formal Training: High School diploma or GED preferred. Customer service and cashier training is helpful.
Experience: Previous sales or customer service experience required. Point of Sale computer system experience required.
Material and Equipment Directly Used: Simple office equipment, computers, printers, automated ticketing system software.
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- 90% of the workday is spent in a normal office environment.
- Constantly handling, and feeling objects, using near acuity and color vision and engaging in normal conversation.
- 10% of the workday may be spent outside the ticket windows directing guests and helping them activate pre-purchased tickets.